Theme: Creating Salem, Together
This year, the Salem Cultural Council will give priority to:
• Projects from local artists who are redefining or expanding the definition of what it means to be the Salem Community in these extraordinary times.
• Applicants who reside, work, have an organization in Salem or have an established partnership with an organization based in Salem.
• Programs that activate unexpected or underutilized canvases and performance spaces within the city of Salem.
• Programs that take place in Salem or benefit the residents of Salem.
• Programs that celebrate and promote the diversity of our community.
• Programs that are educational and accessible for the community, regardless of age or ability.
In addition to the state criteria, applications will be evaluated using the following review criteria:
- How well the program meets our local priorities
- Evidence of track record and dedication of the applicant
- Ability to address the diverse cultural needs of a community’s underserved populations
- Demonstrated planning (i.e. the ability to complete the project within the cycle year)
- Financial need
For the FY21 Grant Cycle, the Salem Cultural Council is once again participating in the Supplemental Grant Pilot Program, which means that approved grantees will receive their funding upfront, not on a reimbursement basis. For questions about this new process, please email SalemCulturalCouncil@salem.com