We are proud to announce the new Salem Cultural Council Priorities for the FY19 Grant Cycle!
This year, the Salem Cultural Council will give priority to:
- Applicants that support this year’s theme of “Personal History, Immigration or Identity.” Our hope is to bring attention to the impact of personal history, immigration, and identity on the city of Salem, spanning from past to present.
- Applicants who reside, work, have an organization in Salem or have an established partnership with an organization based in Salem.
- Programs that take place in Salem or benefit the residents of Salem.
- Programs that celebrate and promote the diversity of our community.
- Applicants who have not received funding from the Salem Cultural Council during the past three consecutive grant cycles.
- Programs that are educational and accessible for the community, regardless of age or ability.
In addition to the state criteria, applications will be evaluated using the following review criteria:
- How well the program meets our local priorities
- Evidence of track record and dedication of the applicant
- Ability to address the diverse cultural needs of a community’s underserved populations
- Demonstrated planning (i.e. the ability to complete the project within the cycle year)
- Financial need
For the FY19 Grant Cycle, the Salem Cultural Council is participating in the Supplemental Grant Pilot Program, which means that approved grantees will receive their funding up front, not on a reimbursement basis. For questions about this new process, please email SalemCulturalCouncil@salem.com.